Paradata Synchronisation

Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
romi237

Paradata Synchronisation

Post by romi237 »

Hi to

I have an issue with synchronization of paradata. I have many devices on the field for data collection and i try to use these command to generate paradata pair day of collection and synchronize daily base.

Code: Select all

[code]
    filewrite(pfffile, concat("InputData=", strip(data), slash,cville,"_", ctypedsf,"_",csaisie,"_",fcodes[mainver:1], xclustera, ".csdb"));
    filewrite(pfffile, concat("<paradata>=", strip(data), slash,cville,"_", ctypedsf,"_",csaisie,"_",fcodes[mainver:1], xclustera, ".cslog"));

[/code]
But it doesn't work

Secondly, How to synchronize just update using dropbox? I frequently use in my menu the function below to synchronize data. I can i change it in order to synchronise only new case.

Code: Select all

function transfert_donnee()
	errmsg("Transfert des données par dropbox");
	if syncconnect(dropbox) then

syncfile(put,concat("../DATA/" , 		"*"),concat("\survey\DATA",slash,edit("9",ville),"_",edit("99",code_agent),"_",edit("99999999",sysdate("DDMMYYYY")),"_",edit("99:99:99",systime()))); 
    	errmsg("Synchronization reussie !!!"); 
 	endif; 
end
Thank
Gregory Martin

Re: Paradata Synchronisation

Post by Gregory Martin »

Firstly, you need to write your PFF using Paradata=, not <paradata>=.

Secondly, if you want to only sync new data, then you have to use the syncdata function (and use .csdb files). The syncfile function always sends a whole file. Unfortunately, we haven't implemented an intelligent sync for paradata (that will only sync the latest updates), so you will always have to sync your paradata files with syncfile. Regarding paradata, unless you need real-time reporting, my suggestion is to collect the paradata logs just once at the end of your survey.
romi237

Re: Paradata Synchronisation

Post by romi237 »

Thank you