drop box won't connect

Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
RERII

drop box won't connect

Post by RERII »

When trying to synchronize the data files from drop box i keep getting an error saying "error: unable to read response from server. see log files for details" if i try using 7.1 to download it tells me the dictionary files have changed. When i download the pen files from drop box and run them they are exactly the same as my dictionary so to be honest I have no idea whats going on.
josh

Re: drop box won't connect

Post by josh »

The error message says to see the log file. So what does the log file say?

For the download it is not looking at the dictionary in the pen file. It is looking at the dictionary in the Dropbox. You can find it in the dict folder. You can try replacing the dictionary in that folder with the latest dictionary however if your dictionary modifications are not consistent with the existing data in the Dropbox then you may have problems reading the data later. You really want to avoid changing your dictionary once you already have started syncing data. The only safe modifications to make are adding fields at the end of a record and adding non-required records. For any insertions of new items or changes to the lengths of existing items you should download all your data using the old dictionary, delete the data from the Dropbox, reformat the data to match the new dictionary and upload the reformatted data and the new Dictionary to the Dropbox.