Bluetooth Synchronization Not Updating cases on the Supervisor Device

Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
lmoriba

Bluetooth Synchronization Not Updating cases on the Supervisor Device

Post by lmoriba »

Please CSPRo user community Can anyone help explain what is wrong with my application? I designed the attached application to be able to synchronize cases from the interviewer to the supervisor device via Bluetooth. It worked for one or two test runs and since then I can't seem to figure out what went wrong? It seems to be synchronizing but not updating cases on the supervisor device. On my menu I login with code 1 on the supervisor device and code 2 on interviewer device. I tried reducing the cases on supervisor device by deleting some cases on the supervisor device. Then when I synchronize and send from the interviewer no chase is updated or sent from the interviewer device.

Regards,

L. Moriba
GMLFS2018.zip
(535.08 KiB) Downloaded 289 times
josh

Re: Bluetooth Synchronization Not Updating cases on the Supervisor Device

Post by josh »

Sync will only update cases that are more recent or more recently modified. It does send every case every time. So if the interviewer enters a casy and syncs to the supervisor the case is sent because it is new on the interviewer device. If the interviewer syncs a second time without having modified that case then the case won't be sent since it is already on the supervisors tablet. Note also that deleted cases are not totally gone. You can open a data file in DataViewer and see the deleted cases. So if you delete the case on the supervisor tablet and sync with the interviewer the case still has not changed on the interviewer tablet so it is not sent. The most recent version of the case is the deleted version on the supervisor tablet so it remains there as a deleted case. To get the case to be sent again you can modify on the interviewer tablet. When the version on the interviewer tablet is modified it is now more recent than the one on the supervisor tablet and it will overwrite the version on the supervisor tablet.

If you look at the sync.log file in the csentry directory of the interviewer tablet you can see details about what is going on. It will tell you for example how many new and updated cases there are since the last sync and how many are sent. This should help you understand what is going on.
lmoriba

Re: Bluetooth Synchronization Not Updating cases on the Supervisor Device

Post by lmoriba »

Many thanks Josh. I didn't understand it this way which led to my flawed assumptions. Thanks for the clarification.