Web development

Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
Yihun_Shegnew

Web development

Post by Yihun_Shegnew »

Dear all
I want to know if the web development downloaded on my laptop to configure and install csweb on my laptop ?
OR any other mechanisms instead of this?

Thanks
bmuganda

Re: Web development

Post by bmuganda »

I am not sure what you meant, but I guess you have downloaded csweb and you need to configure it. Well, better deployment is on apache webserver, so you might consider installing xampp, wamp or any web server of your choice.
josh

Post by josh »

CSWeb can run on any system that supports Apache or IIS plus MySQL and PHP. Running CSWeb on your PC or laptop is possible and is fine for testing. For use in a production survey you will need to have a server that is accessible on the internet which usually involves getting a static ip address and a domain name as well as setting up proper security including obtaining and SSL certificate. Rather than set up your own server you should consider using one in the cloud provided by a web hosting company. If you are not sure what all of the above means then you should probably use Dropbox for synchronization rather than CSWeb. CSWeb is meant for large survey operations and for users who know how to manage websites.
Yihun_Shegnew

Post by Yihun_Shegnew »

Thanks josh!
arkagwa

Post by arkagwa »

Dear Josh

Is it possible to set automatic sync in the cspro data entry form? May be when it reached certain specific time sync is done by the system! 8-)
josh

Post by josh »

We are planning to add an easy way to do that in the future. For now you could do it on your own if you use a menu program and sync from logic. You could sync every time you return to the menu or you could save the last sync time using savesetting/loadsetting and check it against the current time to only sync once a day or something like that.
htuser

Post by htuser »

Hi Josh,
Dear Josh
Is it possible to set automatic sync in the cspro data entry form?
We are planning to add an easy way to do that in the future.
It's a very important feature: Automatic sync based on timer. You already have this for save partially.
Waiting for him!
Thanks in advance,
G.VOLNY, a CSProuser from Haiti, since 2004
Myintzu San

Post by Myintzu San »

Hi Josh,
Please help me to set up CSWeb Server on windows 10.
I have own domain and sub domain.
I already tested wamp server local host and it works well.
Please help me to install CSWeb Server with own sub domain.
savy

Post by savy »

Unfortunately, CSPro team will not be able to help with your subdomain setup. You need to reach out to your systems administrator for configuring your server. Once you have the subdomain setup and have either IIS or Apache running, the CSWeb setup is same as the way you setup for your localhost.