Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
AriSilva

Deploy tool

Post by AriSilva »

Hi folks,
In the document Introduction to Deploy, it says
"...To use Deploy Application, go to the Tools menu and select Deploy Application or choose Publish and Deploy from the File menu. Enter a name and description for your package, drag and drop your application files/folders onto the files tree to add them to the deployment package, choose the server to deploy to and click Deploy."

Using version 7.0 I did not find either entry.

I might gave problems using csweb due to the bureaucracy of establishing a server here (so far I´m using the wampserver for testing).
Which is the best way to sync using dropbox? I´ve posted earlier that I do not see the sync icon in the application header.
I´m a little bit lost, need some step by step help, or better, a "Synchronization for Dummies".
Best
Ari
Best
Ari
josh

Re: Deploy tool

Post by josh »

Deploy application is part of CSPro 7.1 it did not exist in version 7.0. I think you are using the online for version 7.1 but running version 7.0.

See my response to your other question regarding Dropbox.
AriSilva

Post by AriSilva »

You are right, I´m mixing versions all the time, because I want to play with the new 7.1 but I have to implement officially the 7.0.
I already deleted the 7.1, no more tests while I need to put that application of mine working in the field.
Thanks
Ari
Best
Ari
josh

Post by josh »

You should use 7.1 for your application. The official release is ready we are just waiting for the web team to post it. There are a lot of bug fixes and new features in 7.1 that make it worthwhile, including deploy applications.