synchronization CSWEB - modified cases

Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
hannesrr

synchronization CSWEB - modified cases

Post by hannesrr »

I have a question about synchronization to CSWeb.

When I modify a survey on the tablet, does the synchronization update it in the CSWeb?

:ugeek:
Hannes Rodriguez :geek:
Lima, Perú
josh

Re: synchronization CSWEB - modified cases

Post by josh »

From the help (see "synchronization overview"):
When synchronizing CSPro data files, synchronization is done at the case (questionnaire) level. CSPro keeps track of which cases have been added or updated and only sends cases that are new or have been modified since the last synchronization. This significantly reduces the amount of data transferred and therefore reduces bandwidth and the cost of air time. It also reduces the chance that two interviewers overwrite each other's work by both syncing to the same data file on the server. As long as two interviewers do not modify the same case at the same time, they may both synchronize to the same server without overwriting each other's data.
So the answer is yes. Modified cases are sent to the server.
hannesrr

Post by hannesrr »

Thank Josh.

Another question. If I have to add a change on my Dictionary on CsWeb. This change must be do on the cspro_dictionaries table?
Lima, Perú
josh

Post by josh »

You should just upload the same dictionary and it will replace the existing one. You do not need to access the cspro_dictionaries table directly.

Be careful though. If you have added/removed an item in the middle of a record in your dictionary or changed the size of an item in the dictionary this will mess up any data that is already on the server. Always add new items to the end of the record so that they will not change the start positions of the existing items.
hannesrr

Post by hannesrr »

Dear Josh:

I tried to upload the same dictionary (with my changes) and csweb return this error message

Captura.JPG
Captura.JPG (34.54 KiB) Viewed 8060 times
Could you help with this?

Regards,
Hannes
Lima, Perú
josh

Post by josh »

Sorry, I forgot that we only started allowing upgrades in version 7.1 Upgrade your CSWeb to version 7.1. It should be available on our website later today or tomorrow latest.
hannesrr

Post by hannesrr »

Thank Josh:
Please if you have knews about this new CsWeb version, let us to know.

For now, I think I will download the data file, delete the old dictionary and after, I will upload the new dictionary and the datafile again.
Lima, Perú
sureshkayastha

Post by sureshkayastha »

Hi!

When I use CSPro Deploy Application to upload the application and dictionary. It showed the following error message,
Error uploading dictionary. We are sorry, but something went terribly wrong.. (500).

When I checked the CSWeb App, the application is loaded well but dictionary could not be loaded. Right now, I am using CSWeb 7.1.0 beta version and CSPro 7.1 (beta).

Hoping to get help.

Regards

Suresh Kayastha
josh

Post by josh »

Use the non-beta versions of CSPro/CSWeb 7.1 that were just published instead of the beta versions.

For details on the error you are seeing look in the log file on the PC. You can find it in C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\CSPro\sync.log. You can post the error message you see from that file here.
hannesrr

Post by hannesrr »

Could you give us the correct URL?
Lima, Perú