Synchronize data from CSEntry to FTP Server

Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
Cspro_AMK

Synchronize data from CSEntry to FTP Server

Post by Cspro_AMK »

Dear Respective Cspro Users,

I have been searching for any relevant sources of how to collect data using Tablet by using FTP Server Synchronization, but unluckily I could not find any related to this, yet only the Synchronization with Drop-box.

Currently, I am using Cspro 7.0 and I would like to collect data by using Tablet. What I have done is as follows:
1. I have designed a data entry form on my PC and then I went to Option-->Synchronization--> FTP in the Synchronization Dialog.
2. After that, I key in the URL of my server, and then I click on the Test Connection.
3. I keyed in Username and Password in the Synchronize dialog box-->then I click on log-in, but it says that "Invalid username/password."

But the thing is that the username and password that I keyed in is correct, so I don't know where it went wrong. Or isn't it the correct way that it should be done?

I am looking forward to your guidance.

Best regards,

Sopheavuth
josh

Re: Synchronize data from CSEntry to FTP Server

Post by josh »

That should work. You can look at the synclog.txt file in the CSEntry directory of the tablet to see if there is any additional error information beyond the invalid username/password.

Make sure that your FTP is accessible from the tablet outside CSPro. To do this you can try to connect to it from the web browser on the tablet or download a free FTP client app from Google Play and see if it works with that. Often times the FTP server is not properly configured for access from other devices, ports are not open on the firewall or the two devices are not on the same network. If you can connect to the server outside CSPro then we know that the server is accessible and the problem may be with CSPro.

It looks like you are using the older version of synchronization that we are in process of phasing out. Please look at "Synchronization Overview" in the help for info on the new method. http://www.csprousers.org/help/CSPro/sy ... ation.html