Problem during synchronization using dropbox

Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
muhaliraza

Problem during synchronization using dropbox

Post by muhaliraza »

I develop listing application and we are facing the synchronization problem. Actually we change the range of a variable and update the program but some tablets have old data cases. and during the synchronization using data view the data view will stop working. Can there is a way to handle this problem and identify these cases which are making problem. Is there any way to manually join the data files which are uploaded on dropbox?
josh

Re: Problem during synchronization using dropbox

Post by josh »

Please try using the DataViewer from CSPro 7.1 beta to download the data from the Dropbox. You can download it from http://www.csprousers.org/beta/

This version addresses some cases where DataViewer would crash during download so it should download everything however you may have issues that you will need to fix with the combined data file since it will contain some cases based on the old dictionary.
muhaliraza

Post by muhaliraza »

@John I try version 7.1 that you suggest but I got following error.
Attachments
Screenshot 2018-02-27 09.26.28.png
Screenshot 2018-02-27 09.26.28.png (231.37 KiB) Viewed 4657 times
josh

Post by josh »

Can you post the log file? You will find it in the folder C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\CSPro
josh

Post by josh »

I got the log file. Since there was some data in one of the error messages in the log I deleted your post in order to keep it private.

It seems that one of the files in the Dropbox (b4d5bd10e28b$b5df5e04-6613-4ad0-a1c0-8c7bd5fd3b37) was corrupted. I'm not sure how that happened. It doesn't look like a network problem given the change in the file. A few characters were deleted and a : was changed to a ,. Almost seems like it was edited by hand. In any case, it is no longer readable by CSPro.

I will send you a fixed version of the file via private message. Copy this file into your Dropbox in the folder Dropbox\CSPro\DataSync\<dictionary name>\data. It should overwrite the existing file with the same name. After that, try downloading again.
muhaliraza

Post by muhaliraza »

@John Thanks Its work. I am very Thankful to you for this kind help.