FTP - SYNCDATA or SYNCFILE

Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
leulae

FTP - SYNCDATA or SYNCFILE

Post by leulae »

Dear all,

Does “syncdata” work with FTP server? It does not give any error. But database is empty (CSPro DB format). I am going to sync an external dictionary.

syncdata(GET,XXXXX_DICT);

What I did was;
I put the data file on FTP server with two records
When program runs, I wrote syncdata function to sync GET data from FTP server (syncconnect / syncdata / syncdisconnect )
I tried with syncfile it works on android, windows gave permission issue. (I guess reason is file already open)
Please help me.

Thank you

Leulae
Gregory Martin

Re: FTP - SYNCDATA or SYNCFILE

Post by Gregory Martin »

Syncdata does work with FTP servers. It won't send up a CSPro DB file, but will instead send a variety of files (like Dropbox) that can be reconstructed to a CSPro DB file. You can use Data Viewer to create a CSPro DB file from the cases uploaded to the FTP server.
leulae

Post by leulae »

Dear Gregory Martin

Thank you very much for your attention on this regard.

I observed the files, uploads to the folder /CSPro/DataSync/--DICTNAME--_DICT/data

Need to ask more with thanks,

Is there any possibility to to change the uploading path as well to customize the synchronization messages (Reason I want to hide the ftp server name by user)

Thank you in advance

Leulae
Gregory Martin wrote:Syncdata does work with FTP servers. It won't send up a CSPro DB file, but will instead send a variety of files (like Dropbox) that can be reconstructed to a CSPro DB file. You can use Data Viewer to create a CSPro DB file from the cases uploaded to the FTP server.
josh

Post by josh »

The upload path is fixed and cannot be changed from CSPro.

You can change the messages by editing the default message file. See this post for details on how to edit the message file http://www.csprousers.org/forum/viewtop ... 472&p=7087. If you search in the message file you will find all the messages using in sync.
leulae

Post by leulae »

Thank you very much josh

Personally I think it would be better if there is a method to change the uploading path considering the security.

Could you please add it to future release?

Leulae

josh wrote:The upload path is fixed and cannot be changed from CSPro.

You can change the messages by editing the default message file. See this post for details on how to edit the message file http://www.csprousers.org/forum/viewtop ... 472&p=7087. If you search in the message file you will find all the messages using in sync.
josh

Post by josh »

I don't understand how changing the upload path increases security? You should be able to set the permissions on the upload directory on your server to restrict access.