Dropbox from PC problem

Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
RERII

Dropbox from PC problem

Post by RERII »

So I deleted the credentials and now I am trying to go ahead and reconnect the drop box but I keep getting an error. When I use the CSDB file and hit synchronize it brings up the dropboxAuthdialog screen. The problem is after I enter my username and password the sign in area remains greyed out. I don't know why this is happening. How can i download the cases collected in the field if I cant even access the dropbox. PLEASE HELP ME JOSH, or whomever can solve this.
josh

Re: Dropbox from PC problem

Post by josh »

Dropbox recently made a change to their web page that broke the Dropbox login screen. That page isn't part of CSPro itself, it is downloaded from the Dropbox website. Recently Dropbox made a change to their website that has introduced an incompatibility between CSPro and the Dropbox login page. We will fix this in the next release (version 7.1) In the meantime here is a workaround that you can use:

1) You will need to run the program regedit on your computer. It is part of Windows so there is nothing new to install. Just type "regedit" in the Windows start menu to launch it.

2) In the tree control on the left side of the regedit window browse to the key Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION.

3) In the right side right click on an empty space and choose New-->DWORD (32 bit) Value.

4) Rename the new value to DataViewer.exe

5) Right click on the new value (DataViewer.exe) and choose "Modify..."

6) Enter 2af9 for the value

If you have done that correctly it should look like the image below.

Now run DataViewer and try logging in to Dropbox again.
regedit-dropbox-login.PNG
regedit-dropbox-login.PNG (77.68 KiB) Viewed 3643 times
RERII

Re: Dropbox from PC problem

Post by RERII »

Thanks Bro