CENTRY ERROR (100119)

Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
gbos

CENTRY ERROR (100119)

Post by gbos »

Hello CSPRO Community, I managed to successfully install my CSWEB server and the configuration very successful. However, when I attempt to connect to the server from my mobile device I get this error

csentry error (100119)

Error connecting to server: java.net socket TimeoutException: connect time out I cann't figure out what is wrong, so I need help urgently. As this issue is holding back the commencement of our field data collection. The timely resolution will be greatly welcomed.

Also, I want to know if data synchronization from remote to local host can be achieved or do I need to obtain a private IP address?

Regards,

GBOS
josh

Re: CENTRY ERROR (100119)

Post by josh »

When you have these kinds of errors please post the sync.log file so we can error details.

If you are running your server on localhost you will need to expose it to the internet. This means having a public IP address and a domain name. For security you should also obtain an SSL certificate for your server. This is the same process you would need to make any website running on your server available to other computers on the internet. If this not a process that you are familiar with then you should get help from someone who does. Otherwise we recommend setting up CSWeb on a hosted website in the cloud or using Dropbox which does not require a physical server.
gbos

Post by gbos »

Thanks for the clarification. Now here is the sync log attached
sync.log
(2.18 KiB) Downloaded 314 times
synclog.txt
(230 Bytes) Downloaded 304 times
Regards

Gbos
josh

Post by josh »

It looks like the problem is that the server you are trying to connect to (localhost) is not reachable. This is consistent with what I said earlier that you need a public IP/hostname.
gbos

Post by gbos »

Thanks Josh,
I will try and get that done, asap and when done I will advise you accordingly.

regards,

gbos