Synchronization between Windows tablet and Android tablet

Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
seeisol

Synchronization between Windows tablet and Android tablet

Post by seeisol »

I have a problem.

We are doing listing for MICS and we are using Windows tablets. There are 5 teams with 2 enumerators and 1 supervisor per team, and the supervisor is using Android tablet. The challenge is that when trying to send data from enumerator (who is using Windows tablet) to supervisor (who is using Android tablet) I get an error message "Failed to connect to sync server Mantata". But if the enumerator is using Android tablet and supervisor using Windows tablet, they are able to synchronize. It's like Android device cannot act as server when syncronization is between Windows and Android devices.

Thank you in advance

NB: Mantata is the name of my Android device.
Seeiso L.
josh

Re: Synchronization between Windows tablet and Android tablet

Post by josh »

Bluetooth on Windows does not work as seamlessly as it does on Android. I find that I have to pair the devices first outside of CSPro to be able to connect an Android device to a Windows device. We also fixed a problem with connecting from Windows devices via Bluetooth recently so you may want to try version 7.1 beta to see if that fixes it.
seeisol

Post by seeisol »

Good day Josh,

On Windows I'm using CSPro 7.0.2 and on Android I'm using Version 7.1.0 (beta). I also tried pairing the devices first outside of CSPro and it's still not working. And what's confusing is that it's working when the Windows tablet is acting as the server but not the other way round. I'll continue troubleshooting and see what comes up.

Thank you
Seeiso L.
josh

Post by josh »

Ntate Seeiso - try using 7.1 beta on Windows. If memory servers, the fix was on the Windows side.