sync successful, but not in dropbox

Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
anisehbro

sync successful, but not in dropbox

Post by anisehbro »

Hello,
CSEntry gives me a message that syncing through dropbox has been successful, but when I visit the dropbox folder the *.csdb file is not updated/synced. I also checked other folders in dropbox to see if it had been saved/synced elsewhere, but it has not.
The data file is updated in the tablet CSEntry folder. But not in dropbox.
Any ideas why it would say that it is synced, but it is not?
Thanks,
Aniseh
josh

Re: sync successful, but not in dropbox

Post by josh »

The csdb file is not placed in the Dropbox. In order to handle synchronization from multiple devices, syncs to Dropbox are saved in an intermediate format in the Dropbox. You need to use the DataViewer tool to download the data from the Dropbox which will create a csdb file on your PC by reconciling the intermediate files in the Dropbox. This is described in the online help for sync: http://www.csprousers.org/help/CSPro/sy ... ation.html See the section "Synchronization Server".
anisehbro

Post by anisehbro »

Hi Josh,
I had also tried using the data viewer tool to retrieve the data, but when I go to download data through dropbox within the data viewer tool I get a message stating that there is not data in the server.
In the link that you shared, there is a reference to a set of files in the CSPro/DataSync directory in the server (dropbox), but I do not see a folder by that name in dropbox, so I assume that it is not being created.
I have succesfully tested the connection with dropbox in both desktop and tablet applications, but still no luck getting that folder.
Aniseh
anisehbro

Post by anisehbro »

Here is the error message in my sync log that I think refers to the problem:
25/09/2017 02:22:45.922 ERROR: Invalid server response: Invalid error response: JSON root is not an object
25/09/2017 02:22:45.922 ERROR:
25/09/2017 02:22:51.647 ERROR: Error downloading dictionary: "/CSPro/DataSync/AGLC_DICT/dict/AGLC_DICT.dcf": Error 409
josh

Post by josh »

Are you using the same Dropbox account when you sync the devices and when you download the data? You need to use the same username and password for both. If you are, you should the files created in CSPro/DataSync.
anisehbro

Post by anisehbro »

I am not using the same dropbox account.
The way I have set it up (which is what I did with the older versions of CSPro) is to have a dropbox account associated with each individual tablet (10 dropbox accounts) and they are all connected to my work dropbox account, which is the one I use to download the data.
Should all tablets have the same dropbox account instead?
Aniseh
josh

Post by josh »

They either all need the same Dropbox account or they all need to share the folder Dropbox/CSPro/DataSync. If you go with the latter solution then make sure that they all share it with the same path so it needs Dropbox/CSPro/DataSync in all the Dropbox accounts.