dropbox synchronization question

Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
Belani

Re: dropbox synchronization question

Post by Belani »

Dear josh,

Thank a lot for you response, it was helpful, because I can synchronize now. But, is it possible to sychronize two or more divices ? Because I tryed to synchronize two devices following the same procedure, but when I want to doawload data from two devices with data viewer, the programme stops and I got the error message.

Yours,

Belani
josh

Post by josh »

You can synchronize with as many different devices as you would like. The error is probably for some other reason. What error message are you getting? Can you post the sync.log file?
Belani

Post by Belani »

Dear Josh,

Thanks a lot for your message. Please find in attachment the sync.log file. This is the message I got
[
DataViewer has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working properly. Windows will close this program and tell you if a solution is available.

This message appeared when I tried to sync two mobiles to the computer with dropbox

Yours,

Belani
Attachments
sync[1].log
(2.51 KiB) Downloaded 269 times
josh

Post by josh »

Try using CSPro 7.1 beta to download the data. Some people have reported problems with the download in version 7 that was fixed in 7.1 beta. You can download version 7.1 beta here: http://www.csprousers.org/beta
Belani

Post by Belani »

Dear Josh,

Thank you for the link. I wanted to know, in the case of using multiple mobile devices, should we use the same dropbox account in all these devices (the same we use on the computer) or different accounts for each divice ? I hope this will be the ast question on the subject.

Yours,

Belani
josh

Post by josh »

Dropbox sync works by saving files in the CSPro directory of the Dropbox of the account that you use. To have multiple devices sync it is easiest to use the same account on all devices so they all write to the same CSPro directory. If you use multiple accounts you must share the CSPro folder between all of the accounts, otherwise each account will write data to a different folder.
Belani

Post by Belani »

Dear Josh,

Thanks a lot for your help. I succeed to synchronize the 20 devices with the computer by dropbox. We start our survery on monday 20th November and I hope all be ok.

I have another question on data entry. I will post in the appropriate topic.

Yours,

Just