dropbox synchronization question

Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
anisehbro

dropbox synchronization question

Post by anisehbro »

Hello everyone,

I am trying the new dropbox synchronization for the first time, and I am unsure about a possible missing step.
I went to CSPro desktop dialogue box (options>synchronization), and selected the dropbox option and logged in to dropbox.
I did not check or change anything in the sync dialogue box (path, download application, and synchronize main data file).

I also put the .pen and .pff file into my tablet (via USB cord).

When I go to the instrument in my mobile device, and look at the case listing, I do not see the "synchronization" icon specified here: http://www.csprousers.org/help/CSPro/sy ... imple.html

Am I missing a step?

thanks for your help,
Aniseh
josh

Re: dropbox synchronization question

Post by josh »

On some Android devices it may be on the menu. You can get the menu by tapping on the three dots in the top right corner or if your device has a hardware menu key you can use that.
anisehbro

Post by anisehbro »

Hi Josh,
I only see the synchronization option in the "Entry Application" page but not in the "Case Entry" page (see photos below)
When I select synchronize in the "Entry Application" case, I cannot see an option that would intuitively take me to dropbox.
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-09-18-16-19-10.png
Screenshot_2017-09-18-16-19-10.png (51.89 KiB) Viewed 7850 times
Screenshot_2017-09-18-16-18-58.png
Screenshot_2017-09-18-16-18-58.png (49.94 KiB) Viewed 7850 times
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hi Aniseh,
The new version of CSEntry (CSPro 7.0) doesn't allow synchronisation on Dropbox. You can try CSWeb which is a web application that allows users to securely transfer cases (questionnaires) or files between client devices running CSEntry and a web server.
For more info, see: http://www.csprousers.org/help/CSWeb/

Richard
anisehbro

Post by anisehbro »

Hi Richard,
I thought that we could still use synchronization via dropbox with CSPro 7.0, as per this page?
http://www.csprousers.org/help/CSPro/sy ... imple.html
josh

Post by josh »

CSPro 7.0 definitely allows sync via Dropbox, just not using the old method from version 6.

Please verify again that you selected Dropbox in the synchronization options in CSPro designer. Open synchronization options, select the radio button for Dropbox and make to sure to click OK in the bottom left corner of the dialog (you don't have to click "test connection" - that is optional).

Rebuild the .pen file by selecting publish from the file menu. Copy the new pen file to the Android device via USB again to overwrite the existing one.

Now run the app on the Android device and look to see if the icon or the synchronization menu entry shows up.
anisehbro

Post by anisehbro »

Thank you Josh, I had to rebuild the .pen file. It worked perfectly!
Aniseh
Richard

Post by Richard »

Thank you Josh and Aniseh
Belani

Post by Belani »

Dear anisehbro and Josh,

I have the same problem, but I did succeed to synchronize following the same procedure as explained by Josh, i.e. no dropbox link in synchronization menu in my android device only Fto server, I have samsung galaxy note 5. If anisehbro could explain what you did step by step maybe with pictures, please.

Yours,

Belani
josh

Post by josh »

Take a look at http://teleyah.com/cspro/How%20Do%20I%2 ... ropbox.pdf

You are looking at the wrong menu. That is for old sync. You need to launch the application first and get to the screen that says "Add new case". From there, tap the sync icon (the two curved arrows) or choose synchronize from the menu. Look closely at the document to see the screenshots.