Error Downloading File

Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
khurshid.arshad

Error Downloading File

Post by khurshid.arshad »

Dear Team

During synchronizing we received "Error Downloading File" and after that synchronizing stop working. I am using the 7.1.0 version and the number of files are 10966. For reference please see the attached file.
Thank you.
a.
Attachments
Screenshot 2017-09-06 19.44.05.png
Screenshot 2017-09-06 19.44.05.png (133.42 KiB) Viewed 5984 times
josh

Re: Error Downloading File

Post by josh »

Does it consistently stop at that same file or does it stop at a different one each time?

Can you post the sync.log file from C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\CSPro?
khurshid.arshad

Dear Josh
Every time it is a different file. Now i am using download instead synchronizing.
thanks.
a.
Attachments
sync.rar
(720.12 KiB) Downloaded 298 times
josh

Post by josh »

Is it working with download and not with sync? With a large number of files like you have, sync should be much faster than download since it will only retrieve files it didn't retrieve on earlier syncs.

Is it possible that you are losing network connectivity during the sync?
sah

Post by sah »

Dear Team,
I have faced similar situation, when sync large cases, it crashes. I have to resolve to viewing the log files and backing up and deleting files from the ftp and asking the enumerators to sync before getting all the files.
khurshid.arshad

Dear Josh
Yes, it is working with download instead sync. It took 4 hours to download all the files. We can say that the issue raised is due to poor internet connectivity.
If you could suggest any ideas that would be helpful.
Thanks.
a.
josh

Post by josh »

We have a bunch of logic when syncing on tablets to deal with poor internet connections in the field but the assumption is that with DataViewer is that you are at the office and have a fast connection. Maybe that was a bad assumption. We will try to make the sync/download from DataViewer more robust in the face of a bad connection in a future release. Unfortunately all I can do in the meantime is to advise that you get a better internet connection.