CSWEB Configuration on WAMP Sever successfully running on Windows 10 failed!! Urgent Help needed!!!

Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
gbos

CSWEB Configuration on WAMP Sever successfully running on Windows 10 failed!! Urgent Help needed!!!

Post by gbos »

I am looking for any urgent assistance to help me complete my CSWEB configuration setup. I have successfully installed WAMP Server on windows 10 laptop. The server is running Apache version 2.4.23, php 5.6.25 and mysql 5.7.14. Having successfully created a new user cspro using phpmyadmin, after CSWEB configuration I get these error:

Failed to connect to database. SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES). The details you view in the attachment.
Attachments
error msg attachment.docx
(123.36 KiB) Downloaded 337 times
josh

Re: CSWEB Configuration on WAMP Sever successfully running on Windows 10 failed!! Urgent Help needed!!!

Post by josh »

Looks like you have the wrong MySQL username/password. Before running setup you need to create a database and database user in MySQL. The
"database username" and "database password" you enter in setup need to match the username/password you created in MySQL.
gbos

Re: CSWEB Configuration on WAMP Sever successfully running on Windows 10 failed!! Urgent Help needed!!!

Post by gbos »

csweb configuration files.docx
(537.97 KiB) Downloaded 381 times
Thanks Josh for your prompt response coming to my aid. However, I progressed as you suggested but still the CSWEB configuration couldn't proceed due to this error:
Failed to connect to database. SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1067 Invalid default value for 'created_time'

I tried correcting this line from mySQL ini file from:

;sql-mode="STRICT_ALL_TABLES,ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_ZERO_DATE,NO_ZERO_IN_DATE,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER"

To:

;sql-mode="NO_ZERO_DATE,NO_ZERO_IN_DATE,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER"

Save ini file and restarting all the services but still got the same error. Attached is the detailed configuration steps I tried to follow to ensure that I didn't miss anything. I await for your prompt response to enable me proceed, asap.
josh

Post by josh »

Make sure you get the correct config file. Some setups have multiple mysql config files in different folders and it is easy to edit the wrong one. I haven't used WAMP server so I'm not sure where the config file is for it. Maybe someone else on the forum has experience with WAMP server and can help.
gbos

Post by gbos »

Thanks Josh, the issues have been unable to change passwords. The passwords for the root and created cspro user couldn't change with the usual wampserver phpmyadmin login. However, I was able to change them from the MySQL console using the following commands

SET PASSWORD FOR cspro@localhost=PASSWORD('pwd');`

SET PASSWORD FOR root@localhost=PASSWORD('pwd');`

pwd = the desired new password.

Now am able to log in as admin with the newly created password.

Thanks Josh for the support.