How to troubleshoot corrupt file on Sync

Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
sah

How to troubleshoot corrupt file on Sync

Post by sah »

Dear Team,
I am using CSPro 7.02 and my data viewer tool stops working whenever i try to sync. This have happen to me before when I used the version 7.0 and was fixed by Josh. This time, I suspect this error would be due to poor internet connection during the sync thus corrupting the file on the ftp server. How do I fix this. Should I clear off the CSPRO folder on the server so that a new one would create for me to download and sync my files from field. What are the steps to resolve such problems.

Thanks
Sah
sah

Re: How to troubleshoot corrupt file on Sync

Post by sah »

Is this approach right?
I back up the folder CSPro/Data and deleted the last file based on the date, on which the problem began. Now when i sync i get my files from the field.

Josh, is there any cause of alarm in doing this?

thanks
Sah
josh

Post by josh »

Your approach sounds good to me. As long you are backing up then I don't think you will get into any trouble. Before doing that however I would look at the sync.log file. You should be able to see from there which file is corrupt. Then you can remove just that file. When you are having problems always start with the log files.

With FTP from Android devices we have a lot of checks in there to avoid file corruption. We haven't implemented them on Windows yet but from Android even with a bad internet connection you shouldn't be getting partially uploaded files. Let me know what the log file says.
sah

Post by sah »

Josh, this setup is being run on windows tablet. I will send you the log file for your perusal.