Data Viewer not connecting to dropbox

Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
RERII

Data Viewer not connecting to dropbox

Post by RERII »

Alright I've been having a little problem that I cannot figure out. When you go into data viewer and try to synchronize or download it asks you to sign into dropbox. After signing in it takes you to a screen that says CSPro would like access to the files and folders in your dropbox. I hit allow. After hitting allow the screen goes to a page that says "The webpage cannot be displayed".
RERII

Re: Data Viewer not connecting to dropbox

Post by RERII »

This is important because I need to know whats stopping me from downloading the files from dropbox. Is there a special software I need?
josh

Post by josh »

No special software needed for this other than internet explorer which comes with Windows. The window that pops up and asks you sign in to Dropbox is just internet explorer inside a CSPro window. Once you click "allow" it should close the Window and start syncing. Maybe there is something wrong with your internet explorer settings. Can you try going to the following link in regular internet explorer and see what it does:

https://www.dropbox.com/1/oauth2/author ... type=token
jfigueroa

Post by jfigueroa »

It also can be due to Firewall Settings, well that was my case.
So it could be yours.
Regards.
josh

Post by josh »

Good point. Dropbox is blocked on some office networks. If you can't get to Dropbox from your web browser then it won't work from CSPro either.
RERII

Post by RERII »

Dropbox connects through the browser and I can see the files but the problem is I cannot download or synchronize the data on dropbox because of the error. When I try the link that you sent I get a message after I sign in, the message says
"Opera was unable to open link since no application associated with "db-cspro" protocol was found on your system."
I have no idea why this is happening. If only I could record it and send you the video on whatsapp or something similar.
josh

Post by josh »

We fixed a problem with that in some systems. Try using CSPro 7.1 beta: http://www.csprousers.org/beta/