Data Viewer keeps failing

Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
RERII

Data Viewer keeps failing

Post by RERII »

Anytime I attempt to download using data viewer at 1% the program gives a error saying the data viewer has stopped working. It is annoying because I can\t download the data and the clerks are in the field. I seriously miss the old syncing right now. The client is asking for their data progress report and I have nothing. Please help me so I can get the data by tomorrow morning. I have the newest CSPro version 7.0.1 made June 9th 2017.
RERII

Re: Data Viewer keeps failing

Post by RERII »

The thing that makes it so annoying is it was working fine before they left for the field. I was able to see the files after field testing but now it refuses to work. Also what if I'm using more than one dropbox how can i switch in CSPro?
sah

Post by sah »

Hello
Could you kindly check the sync log file.
RERII

Post by RERII »

Where is it located?
RERII

Post by RERII »

I am starting to get worried because all of the threads I've went through I don't think anyone has had a solution to this particular problem. I hope something can be done or it'll be very embarrassing for me in about a week when the client is asking for an update. :lol:
josh

Post by josh »

We are looking into this but it is hard to figure out the problem since we are not seeing it in any of our tests here.

A few things to try:

1) Make sure you have CSPro 7.0.1 (not 7.0.0)
2) Make sure you have the latest version of the .NET framework
3) ZIP up the folder CSPro/DataSync in your Dropbox and send it to csprojosh@gmail.com along with the sync.log file. You can find sync.log on Windows in C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\CSPro.

In the meantime as a workaround you can use a data entry application to download your data. Either use your existing data entry application or create a new one. In sync options choose Dropbox and under "Synchronize main data file" choose "Download changes from server". Run your data entry application, create a new empty data file and choose synchronize from the file menu. This will download your data. You can then close the data entry application and view the data file in DataViewer.
josh

Post by josh »

Thanks to all that sent me files. I was able to reproduce the problem on my end. Working on a fix for the issue. In the meantime you can workaround the problem by using a data entry application as explained above.
josh

Post by josh »

This issue has been fixed in CSPro 7.0.2 which is now available: https://www.census.gov/population/inter ... nload.html
sah

Post by sah »

Thanks Josh!!!