Synchronize data from CSEntry to Dropbox

Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
Sopheavuth

Synchronize data from CSEntry to Dropbox

Post by Sopheavuth »

Dear respective CSPro experts,

Currently my team is using CSPro 7.0. We are keying in data in CSEntry form our tables, yet when we try to synchronize data with Dropbox, we do not receive any data, therefore could you please guide us on how it works. It would be great as well if you could provide us step by step process on this topic or a real example that works.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Sopheavuth
PHAL Sok

Re: Synchronize data from CSEntry to Dropbox

Post by PHAL Sok »

Dear all,

I have the same problem in receiving datas from my dropbox while all cases were completed and syncronized.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

PHAL Sok,

Your sincerely.
Marady Moeung

Post by Marady Moeung »

Dear cspro team<br /><br />When I synchronized data from dropbox it not send data to folder name Marady.rider2. Please help me!!!
Dear cspro team

When I synchronized data from dropbox it not send data to folder name Marady.rider2. Please help me!!!
Screenshot_20170529-140518.jpg (308.34 KiB) Viewed 5321 times
josh

Post by josh »

Once you have synchronized your cases to the Dropbox use the DataViewer application to download them. In the online help look up "Synchronization Overview". As it says there:
Once interviewers in the field have used data synchronization to upload data to the server, you can use the Data Viewer tool to download the data. When using CSWeb for data file synchronization, data is stored in a MySQL database on the server. When using either Dropbox or FTP, data will be stored on the server in a set of files in the directory CSPro/DataSync. In both cases, the data on the server cannot be opened directly by CSPro. In order to retrieve the data that has been uploaded to the server, use the Data Viewer's download function. This will download all the data on the server into a single CSPro data file that can be used by other CSPro applications and tools.
If you download with the Data Viewer and you do not get any data then you can post the sync log file that can be found in C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\CSPro\sync.log here or email it to cspro@lists.census.gov and we will check to see if there are any errors.

We are working on a tutorial for the new version 7 Dropbox sync but it is not ready yet.

@Marady you are using the old style of Dropbox synchronization that is no longer supported (see http://www.csprousers.org/forum/viewtop ... f=3&t=1851). Don't use the "Synchronization " menu from the first screen of CSEntry. Instead add the synchronization information to your application in the CSPro designer by going to "Synchronization" from the "Options" menu and choosing Dropbox. Then on your tablet from the case listing screen (second screen after you have chosen the application) tap on the sync icon. For more details See "Synchronization Options" in the help.