CSPro7 Failed to connect

Discussions about syncing data via Bluetooth, Dropbox, FTP, and using CSWeb
larodriguez

CSPro7 Failed to connect

Post by larodriguez »

CSPro 7 (cspro70_beta_20170331) Donwload and install... OK. CSProWEB works OK on a server outside the office network. But, when i try CSPro7 Test connection, appears: "Failed to connect. Check the URL, username and password and try again". URL, username and password are correct. 1) It is working on PC outside my office network, 2) It is not working on PC in office network. I need to tell my technical support what to set on the office network to allow the connection. Thanks in advance.
josh

Re: CSPro7 Failed to connect

Post by josh »

There are no special requirements to connect to the server. It is the same as connecting to a website using a browser. Show the tech support team that you can't connect using a browser.
larodriguez

Post by larodriguez »

Hi Josh
¿what about proxy configuration?
Thanks in advance.
josh

Post by josh »

You should be able to set the proxy configuration at the system level (in network settings). There are no settings for it in CSPro.
Show87

Post by Show87 »

Hello everyone, are you well?

I try to synchronize on dropbox with version 7.0 but the vacuum on arrives without data.
Attached the image before synchronization.

And when I use the following pnc:

[SyncFile]
Version=CSPro 7.0

[Connection]
Type=Dropbox

[Sync]
ServerPath=/Garde
ClientPath=/Data
Put=GARDE1.dat

It works but the folder remains empty on dropbox.
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-05-05-13-32-10[1].jpg
Screenshot_2017-05-05-13-32-10[1].jpg (951.37 KiB) Viewed 6466 times
josh

Post by josh »

Next time please start a new thread rather than adding to an old one that has already been answered.

It looks like you are trying to use a PNC file for Dropbox synchronization which is the old way. It uses an old Dropbox API that Dropbox is no longer supporting (see this post http://www.csprousers.org/forum/viewtop ... f=3&t=1851). You should instead use the new version 7 base synchronization functions in your application logic (syncconnect, syncfile, syncdisconnect). You can find more details on these functions in the CSPro version 7 help. In the final version 7 release you will also be able to configure Dropbox synchronizaton from the synchronization options dialog in CSPro without writing any logic. That release will be out in the next couple of weeks.

You will still be able to use PNC file based synchronization with FTP servers in version 7 but Dropbox will no longer due the changes made by Dropbox. However, the new version 7 logic based synchronization (or synchronization options dialog) will be the preferred way for doing data sync going forwards. We will probably drop support for PNC files altogether in a future release.
Show87

Post by Show87 »

Please Josh can you send an exemple for dropbox synchronization?