Endlvel in two level questionnair

Discussions about creating CAPI applications to run on Android devices
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
mjbugalhao

Endlvel in two level questionnair

Post by mjbugalhao »

I have a two level questionnaire: one household and several individuals per questionnaire.
I placed a last question (on the individual questionnaire) that should enable the interviewer to finish the current case. Something like this:
If ANOTHER_INDIVIDUAL = 9 then
endlevel;
endif;
When I choose “9” I’m presented with a message that asks me whether I want to finish the current case. I press Ok and it jumps right to the point where the ID of the next Individual should be entered witch is not the purpose.
What am I doing wrong?
josh

Re: Endlvel in two level questionnair

Post by josh »

In a two level application endlevel ends the current level. So if you are in a level 2 field (in the individual level) then endlevel will take you to the postproc for that level and then start the node at that same level which will be the next individual. If you want to end the questionnaire itself, you need to add and endlevel in a proc in the first level.
mjbugalhao

Post by mjbugalhao »

Hi Josh,

I am sure that your reply is 100% correct and I thank you for answering my question but I fail to see how should I apply your suggestion.
How can I make it go back to the household level where, according to your suggestion, should I place the endlevel statement?

Regards
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

If you want to end your questionnaire, you should put an endlevel in the preproc of your second level. That will end the entire questionnaire.
mjbugalhao

Post by mjbugalhao »

Thanks, I'll give it a try.