Special Values in CAPI Mode

Discussions about creating CAPI applications to run on Android devices
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
arkagwa

Special Values in CAPI Mode

Post by arkagwa »

Dear Developers

I have faced a challenge in many times with special value sets (Notapp, Missing) in android tablets. During data entry in CAPI mode, numeric questions coded with 9,999=Missing and assigned special missing does not display in the tablet, if displayed no other values are accepted except the missing values. Then i don't understand the use of this feature because you can't capture data for such variable! However works fine in PC version
Attachments
2018-11-16.png
2018-11-16.png (50.54 KiB) Viewed 3551 times
arkagwa

Re: Special Values in CAPI Mode

Post by arkagwa »

arkagwa wrote:Dear Developers

I have faced a challenge in many times with special value sets (Notapp, Missing) in android tablets. During data entry in CAPI mode, numeric questions coded with 9,999=Missing and assigned special missing does not display in the tablet, if displayed no other values are accepted except the missing values. Then i don't understand the use of this feature because you can't capture data for such variable! However works fine in PC version
josh

Post by josh »

You need to put more than just the missing value in your value set. Add the valid values to your value set too. Here is an example:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (26.59 KiB) Viewed 3086 times
With this the user can enter a value between 0 and 115 or they can enter -99 for missing. This will work on both Windows and Android.

On Android you can set the capture type for the field to "Combo Box" and then if the interviewer taps on the icon at the right of the text, a window pops up that lets them pick the missing value directly.
Screenshot_20181119-064531.png
Screenshot_20181119-064531.png (95.88 KiB) Viewed 3086 times
arkagwa

Post by arkagwa »

Dear Josh

Thanks very much problem solved and also i noticed that.

Very much appreciated