Data Entry App on Samsung Tablet

Discussions about creating CAPI applications to run on Android devices
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
ishycienth

Data Entry App on Samsung Tablet

Post by ishycienth »

Hello Everyone,

Please, I need help with this; I have designed a data entry application for a facility mapping exercise. Pictures form part of the data to be collected during the exercise. Relying on some of the resources provided, I have come up with this:
=============================================================================================================
onfocus
string photoFilename = pathname(application) +
maketext("../Menu/CMPictures/%03s%03d%04d.jpg",
statecode,G3_LGA,G5_COMM);
if fileexist(photoFilename) then
setvalueset(CM_PHOTO, CM_PHOTO_VS2);
else
setvalueset(CM_PHOTO, CM_PHOTO_VS1);
endif;

postproc
if CM_PHOTO = 1 then
execsystem(maketext("camera:%s", photoFilename));
reenter;
elseif CM_PHOTO = 2 then
execsystem(maketext("view:%s", photoFilename));
reenter;
elseif CM_PHOTO = 3 then
elseif CM_PHOTO = 0 then
filedelete(photoFilename);
endif;
==============================================================================================
This has enabled me capture and save pictures with a combination of codes that tie them to specific cases. However, this seemed not to be working on the Samsung tablets that are meant to be deployed for data collection, as pictures taken do not save. This even as the same application is working well on other devices.

Your advice on the way out is highly needed and appreciated.

Thanks
Gregory Martin

Re: Data Entry App on Samsung Tablet

Post by Gregory Martin »

It's hard to know what the problem might be, but one suggestion is to make sure that the ../Menu/CMPictures directory exists on the Samsung tablet. One guess would be that the camera application on other devices automatically creates that directory, whereas the Samsung tablet might not. This may not solve the problem, but it is worth a try.