Android sync error

Discussions about creating CAPI applications to run on Android devices
asheffel

Android sync error

Post by asheffel »

Hi,

I have been collecting data for a large survey using CSPro and the Dropbox sync function. We are about 2/3 of the way done with data collection and the sync functionality has stopped working. I get an error message (attached here). This has also happened recently on a smaller survey I was working on and we ended up manually coping over the data, deleting CSENTRY, reinstalling, and resyncing. That worked but interestingly enough the device ID and thus sync folder name changed. Any ideas to what might be happening or what I can do short of reinstalling for all tablets. We have about 30 tablets in the field so that would be difficult to do.

Many thanks!
Ashley
Attachments
Screenshot_2016-07-28-17-34-54[1].png
Screenshot_2016-07-28-17-34-54[1].png (97.82 KiB) Viewed 4673 times
josh

Re: Android sync error

Post by josh »

This error can happen for one of two reasons:

1) CSPro can't find the file on your device.
You can check this using a file manager on the tablet and browsing to the directory /storage/emulated/0/csentry/SARA/Data to make sure that the files you are trying to sync are on the tablet.

2) Dropbox is not allowing you to write the file.
This could be for any number of reasons: the target directory in Dropbox was deleted (you can check by looking in the Dropbox on the PC), the Dropbox has no more space, the internet connection went out during sync, the Dropbox password changed etc...

By way the Android device ID should only be changed if you do factory reset on the tablet. Reinstalling CSPro should not change the device id.

Also you do not need to sync the listing file (.lst). On Android this file is empty. You should only need to synchronize the data file and the notes file if your enumerators use field notes.
asheffel

Re: Android sync error

Post by asheffel »

Many thanks for the quick response! It looks like the problem is that Dropbox is full (I should have checked that before). Just upgraded to get more space so hopefully that does the trick!

Ashley