Generate CAPI questions

Discussions about creating CAPI applications to run on Android devices
kawtef

Generate CAPI questions

Postby kawtef » June 28th, 2017, 4:51 am

Hi all,
Is it possible to generate CAPI questions from Dictionnary (item label) without editing CAPI questions for each questions?

Thank in advance

Gregory Martin

Re: Generate CAPI questions

Postby Gregory Martin » July 4th, 2017, 11:21 am

There is no way to do this automatically. If you had some programming skills, you would read in the dictionary (.dcf) and write out the CAPI questions (.qsf) file. They are both text files, but this task would not be trivial.

kakinyim

Postby kakinyim » July 11th, 2017, 1:39 pm

I normally use a combination of excel and Notepad ++ to generate these CAPI questions.

In Excel file (attached), I have two sheets where the I first paste from DCF macro field names and labels. At cell D2, replace the name of your internal name of your dictionary.

You need the following header,
[CAPI QUESTIONS]
Version=CSPro 7.0

[LANGUAGES]
ENG=English

Tags used here are for version 7. Other versions may have different tags, please check by manually generating a QSF file then compare.

Open your app QSF file using a text editor then Copy and paste from sheet two then remove the quotes ("). Save your file and open your app.

This approach has worked for me.
Attachments
Generate CAPI questions QSF from DCF.xls
(57.5 KiB) Downloaded 47 times

kawtef

Postby kawtef » July 12th, 2017, 4:04 am

Thank you kakinyim,
I will test it.

kakinyim wrote:I normally use a combination of excel and Notepad ++ to generate these CAPI questions.

In Excel file (attached), I have two sheets where the I first paste from DCF macro field names and labels. At cell D2, replace the name of your internal name of your dictionary.

You need the following header,
[CAPI QUESTIONS]
Version=CSPro 7.0

[LANGUAGES]
ENG=English

Tags used here are for version 7. Other versions may have different tags, please check by manually generating a QSF file then compare.

Open your app QSF file using a text editor then Copy and paste from sheet two then remove the quotes ("). Save your file and open your app.

This approach has worked for me.

Return to “Android”