FileZilla Server Closing Connection After .pnc File Transfer

Discussions about CSEntry
EddieMu

Re: FileZilla Server Closing Connection After .pnc File Tran

Post by EddieMu »

Hi Josh. I will try this and give you feedback.

The URL in the PNC file is exactly the same as the one I use when I am setting up the sync so I highly doubt if that is the problem.
EddieMu

Post by EddieMu »

This version does not have a Sync Setup menu option. Please see screenshot.

The version is 6.0.4 beta according to the "About CSEntry" screen.
Attachments
FZ_Server_CSEntry_beta.jpg
FZ_Server_CSEntry_beta.jpg (22.3 KiB) Viewed 8443 times
josh

Post by josh »

Yes, completey redoing the UI for sync in this version. Just choose synchronize and then pick "Add new".
EddieMu

Post by EddieMu »

Hi Josh,

I was able to see the new UI (good job) and attempted a sync. I was able to connect to FileZilla Server and upload the .PNC file and saw that CSEntry no longer terminated the connection.

However, when I attempted to sync, the app crashed. See attachment.

On clicking Ok, the app closed and then the FTP connection closed.
Attachments
FZ_Server_CSEntry_beta_Error.jpg
FZ_Server_CSEntry_beta_Error.jpg (69.94 KiB) Viewed 8442 times
josh

Post by josh »

When exactly does it crash? From the screenshot it looks like it is crashing when you tap on the file "waya_ftp_app.pnc". If you back to the synchronize menu now are there any entries other than "Add new"?

Unfortunately a crash like this is really hard to diagnose remotely since I can't reproduce it here. Which phone/tablet are you using? Maybe I can get my hands on the same device here and reproduce it.

The only other thing I can think of trying is for you to install an application like aLogcat (from Google Play), record the debug log and send it to me. That will tell us the cause of the crash. However it will take some time to set up and do but I can send you directions if you are up for it.
josh

Post by josh »

I have another build fofor you try that will automaticaly record the errors in a file that you can send me so I can see what is causing the crash.

Here is the link to download it. As before, this has a lot of untested code so please don't use it for production.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hzrl8ob90rxo8 ... d.apk?dl=0

After you test the sync and it crashes, there will be a file named crashreport.txt in the csentry directory. You can email me the file or post it here. It should have information from the system logs as well the information on what caused the crash.
EddieMu

Post by EddieMu »

To provide some answers to the previous post:

- It crashes when I tap on the file "waya_ftp_app.pnc". No other entries other than "Add New" after that.

- I tested this on both an Android virtual device (Nexus One Phone) and an actual Samsung smartphone with the same results.

I installed and ran the new build and I have attached the crash report text file.
Attachments
crashreport.txt
(12.3 KiB) Downloaded 329 times
josh

Post by josh »

The crash report was helpful. There was a bug when downloading the .pnc file when you didn't already have any existing sync files on the device. I fixed it and posted a new version to the same link. This wasn't the root cause of the problem though. I'm guessing that the real problem is that since you are using the virtual device you may not have an SD Card configured. CSEntry requires that you have an SD Card, that is where it stores application files downloaded from sync. When you configure your virtual device there is an option to add an SD Card. If you add one it should work. That said, we have found that CSEntry is unusably slow on a virtual device and we would highly recommend that you use a real phone or tablet.
EddieMu

Post by EddieMu »

I tested the new version and it has now connected and synced successfully. We shall do further tests and get back to you should we have any issues.

NOTE: I tested this on the virtual device (which always had a SD Card configured) and it worked. So the real problem was the bug that you identified and fixed, not the SD Card issue. That said, I will do a similar test on an actual phone and tablet. In production, actual devices will be used.

Thanks for helping with this!
josh

Post by josh »

Glad we got it sorted out. Thank you for your patience adn your help. We should be releasing a new version of the software with the new sync setup UI in it around the end of this month.

Please let us know if you run into any other issues. We love to get feedback - anything from bugs you find, parts of the software that are difficult to use, new features you'd like to see or even just telling us about successfull projects you have done with CSPro.