Win8 problems

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
Anne

Win8 problems

Post by Anne »

Hi again,
Time is getting very close to our pilot for a HBS survey using win8 tablets, and I'm getting more and more worried: Win8 seems to be the most unpredictable operating system ever! (Not only in relation to CSPro, though :shock: )

I do not know whether my current problem is with the OS or with CSPro, but I'm asking here anyway: Now and then the whole screen freezes. I'm not sure why or when it happens in my application, but I think I am able to reconstruct it by choosing "Help" - "About CSPro" from the menu. What happens is this: The CSPro window is still in the front of the screen, but has lost focus, while the help window is nowhere to be seen (behind the main cspro window, probably). The problem is: I am neither able to reach the help window, nor to get focus back to the CSPro window, and the only way I've discovered to regain control is to stop CSPro using task manager.

When testing my CAPI application, the keyboard often freezes, and my suspicion is that it is the same mechanism as described above, as the behaviour is more or less the same. I am currently testing out whether it helps using other virtual keyboards than the standard one, but I guess the keyboard is not the problem.

Anyway: Our pilot is planned for next week, and I would be extremely thankful if I had a solution to this before that (I know I'm asking for much ;) but I can always hope)

(and yes: I have downloaded and installed the 5.03 beta)

Regards,
Anne
Gregory Martin

Re: Win8 problems

Post by Gregory Martin »

Anne,

The new beta addresses these problems, right?