Water | |

Fruits |√|

Rice |√|
htuser

Re: How to make check box

Post by htuser »

It's very simple and easy.
There's two way:
A.- You would like to use coding to enter data, in that event you must create a dictionary with four value in the value set menu with following specifications
Value set label From
Curd 1
Water 2
Fruits 3
Rice 4
The dictionary data type must be alpha and the length must be so, a data entry operator can chose the whole options, therefore, the length must be alpha, 4. If the value label was a two character (11, 12, 13, 14 instead 1,2,3,4 as mentioned below, you would have a 8 length alpha...etc.
After create a form with the dictionary, you must do a right click on the form and choose Field properties -Capture type-Change-Check box-Ok

B.- If You don't want to use any coding, in that event you must use alpha character in the dictionary and no value set label in the value set menu.
From
Curd
Water
Fruits
Rice
In that event, the length of the dictionary data type must the number of character of the longest value label multiplied by the amount of choice (n value label)
In your scenario, the longest value label is FRUITS, with 6 character, and the number of value set is 4, therefore, the length of the dictionary Alpha data type must be 24.
After create a form with the dictionary, you must do a right click on the form and choose Field properties -Capture type-Change-Check box-Ok
Regards
Last edited by htuser on December 15th, 2012, 7:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.
G.VOLNY, a CSProuser from Haiti, since 2004
lls

Post by lls »

I think that chack boxes can only be of Alfa types, not numeric. Below is a paragraph from the user manual (which is a good reference).
Check Boxes are used to capture a "multiple response" variable. To do this, you must first set up the
item and its value set in the data dictionary in the following way. The item must be of type "Alpha", and
must have a length equal to the number of possible responses. The value set must have that same
number of discrete values. Each value corresponds to one of the responses and will be displayed as a
separate check box on the Pocket PC. When the boxes are checked, the corresponding values will be
put into the alpha field, from left to right.
Also, there are some good example of check box fields in this tread http://csprousers.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=554 with files one can download.
htuser

Post by htuser »

You're right. I'll correct it in my post.
Thanks
G.VOLNY, a CSProuser from Haiti, since 2004
bhayusufianto

Post by bhayusufianto »

Dear experts,

I inserted a record named "Amenities" into existing dict and made a checkbox in it as guided in given file in tread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=554. However, when I generated its form, the inserted record containing checkbox has a red circle mark on the right corner of yellow record square as I spotted follow

The checkbox contains 6 options. It could create pff file, however, after I finished checking the checkbox, the (same) checkbox question was repeating until 5 times. That checkbox question was supposed to come up only once, not repeating until 5 times.

Herewith I attached file for you to review. Very appreciate your help. Thank you.
Sample of Questionaire.rar
(15.18 KiB) Downloaded 423 times
sah

Post by sah »

Dear bhayusufianto ,
What the red circle means on the form is that, it is a roster format with Max=6 repetition. Per my understanding, you don't want it to repeat six times, hence kindly modify the record in the dictionary and check the Max=1 instead of the 6.
bhayusufianto

Post by bhayusufianto »

Dear Sah, thanks for the reply. Sorry for my late reply.

I guess the red circle indicates discrepancy between dictionary and entry (.ent), resulting disorder running from what I'm expected.

Btw, can you brief me how modify (add or reduce) records in dictionary without creating new .dcf & .ent files, if so we have to write question & codes again in new .ent file.

All this time, if I add or reduce records in dictionary, I then create new name of dictionary and new .ent file.

Thank you very much.
Belani

Post by Belani »

Hello everybody,

I need help.

I would like to convert check box to variable_repeating (i) but unless like other cases I saw, I would like to have "the name of entry or empty " according to item is choosen or not. Different of 1 or 0.

The question is : among these agricultural products, what do you produce ?

a. Maize
b. Rice
c. Cassava
d. Potato
e. Banana (plantain)
f. Other

if other, another box will appear in order to specify, i.e. yam.

I created a check box "agricultural_products", but I would like to convert the result to agricutural_products_repeating. I created an item with 6 occurences ; so I need to have the result if someone chose a, c and f, f as yam.

agricultural_products_repeating(1) agricultural_products_repeating(2) agricultural_products_repeating(3)
Maize Cassave Yam

and the other agricultural_products_repeating will be empty

Yours,

Belani
khurshid.arshad

Post by khurshid.arshad »

Dear Belani;

Please see attached file and this link.

http://www.csprousers.org/forum/viewtop ... item#p5720

Screenshot for how to export data.

Best.
a.
Attachments
Screenshot 2017-11-11 21.44.56.png
Screenshot 2017-11-11 21.44.56.png (128.56 KiB) Viewed 9978 times
Test.rar
(6.3 KiB) Downloaded 316 times
Belani

Post by Belani »

Dear khurshid.arshad,

Thanks a lot for your helpful advice. I have the solution now.

Yours,

Belani