Unable to add occurrence to the roster while modifying previ

Discussions about CSEntry
Giorgi

Unable to add occurrence to the roster while modifying previ

Post by Giorgi »

I have a test data already entered and now I'm modifying it. When I try to add another occurrence to any of the rosters, it does not let me do this. For example, if the roster currently has only first occurrence filled, it does not let put pointer in any of cells other than of first occurrence (please see the first attachment)

I think the problem lies in a way CSPro structures data files. The second attachment shows that for each occurrence one line is reserved, so for example if I want to add 2nd occurrence to record R when the data is already entered, CSPro does not automatically shift the lines below to free space.

I tried to manually copy the lines in data file and then modify in CSPro, but this is inefficient way. Is there any way to force adding occurrences to data that is already entered?
Attachments
attachment 2
attachment 2
datafile_structure.jpg (325.89 KiB) Viewed 8065 times
attachment 1
attachment 1
screen.png (90.65 KiB) Viewed 8065 times
Gregory Martin

Re: Unable to add occurrence to the roster while modifying p

Post by Gregory Martin »

When you open a case in modify mode, the number of occurrences of a record is equal to the number entered during the initial keying. For example, if you have a record that repeats 10 times and you enter five records during keying, when you go to modify mode, clicking on rows 6-10 will give you an error message. What you have to do is add an occurrence. Click on the last row (in the above example I would click on the fifth row) and then, on the Edit menu, select "Insert Group Occ After," or press Control+F3. This will add another occurrence to the roster to which you can add your data.

Then when you save your data, CSPro will automatically add a new record (line) to the data file for that case.
Giorgi

Re: Unable to add occurrence to the roster while modifying p

Post by Giorgi »

Thanks, that perfectly solves the problem.
LM.Baurel

Re: Unable to add occurrence to the roster while modifying previ

Post by LM.Baurel »

How to solve the same problem on CSEntry on android, because the problem also remains valid on smartphones

Baurel. :roll: