onstop()

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
iip

onstop()

Post by iip »

It seem that onstop() function is not executed when the data entry application still not yet entered the ID, I think it should be execute when we enter the application even we still not do/enter anything, what do you think?

I run external application to record a conversation, but when operator close the application because he cancel the interview, then the application cannot shutdown the recording activity.

Regards,

-iip-
Gregory Martin

Re: onstop()

Post by Gregory Martin »

You are partially correct. OnStop will only get called if some data, not just an ID item, has been entered for the case. If any item is entered, OnStop will be executed. If no items are entered, OnStop will not get called.

I don't know why this was the programmed behavior, but my guess it that generally people use OnStop to execute a savepartial call or to make sure that the enumerator wants to exit in the middle of an interview. In no data has been entered on any form it is assumed that the enumerator does not intend to enter data for this case, and thus it's not a partial case.

Perhaps you can add a dummy field to your data entry application, something like, "Press enter to launch the recording software," that will at least mark your case as modified, and that will activate OnStop.
iip

Re: onstop()

Post by iip »

but I think this makes onstop() function become inconsistant behavior, because level preproc and first variable preproc has been executed.

For now, I'm still use external application to shutdown.

Thanks for reply Greg,

-iip-