Time based data

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
arkagwa

Time based data

Post by arkagwa »

Dear Josh et al

Is it possible to design a CSPro dictionary to capture data say for a period of 1 year in 3 cohorts (each cohort after 4 months, i.e Jan , May and September). I don't want data to overwrite data, i need to keep data for each cohort intact when i collect again data for the same variables. When i export data should remain as shown in the in the picture below. The aim is to measure the impact of my interventions. How can we achieve this design in CSPro?
20190521_195003.jpg
20190521_195003.jpg (55.6 KiB) Viewed 3035 times
aaronw

Re: Time based data

Post by aaronw »

I would be hesitant to send enumerators into the field and have them updating the same cases. Also, I think the application would quickly become overly complicated. I would design my questionnaire, so each case is specific to a single cohort. During analysis you could then link the cohorts together on their shared cohort id + wave id.
josh

Re: Time based data

Post by josh »

I agree with Aaron that you don't want to use the same data file and risk overwriting the data from the previous round. You could, however, use the data from the previous round as a read-only lookup file to display the data from the earlier rounds in protected fields while entering data from the current round. This could make it easier to link them up in the end.