UNABLE TO COPY VALUES OF VARIABLES FROM ANOTHER DATA FILE

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
lmoriba

UNABLE TO COPY VALUES OF VARIABLES FROM ANOTHER DATA FILE

Post by lmoriba »

Dear CSPro Community,
Can any one help me with this: in my application, I created two data files one for compounds with data dictionary GMERM_CENSUS_DICT and the other for shops in these compounds with data dictionary BPROFILESWITHINCOMPOUNDS_DICT. Now, I want the serial numbering for Compounds and names of compound owners to be copied to the data file for shops. just like the case of main application and listing file shown as example in your various training manuals. But having implemented as was in the examples, the program compiles but could not value set case-ids and Compound Serial number as codes and Name of Compound owner as labels in the select_compound field, completing the questionnaire for the compounds. I can't seem to figure out where I went wrong.

Am attaching my full program with all the codes, you can test the program by logging in through the menu with 11001.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Attachments
GMERM2.zip
(924.34 KiB) Downloaded 222 times
Gregory Martin

Re: UNABLE TO COPY VALUES OF VARIABLES FROM ANOTHER DATA FILE

Post by Gregory Martin »

You have quite a complicated application. In addition to logging in with code 11001, can you give all the inputs that we should enter for each field and tell us what you expect to happen. (For example, on that first menu, do we enter 1 or 2? After that, what do we enter?) That will help us figure out what you need to do to properly fill in your codes.
lmoriba

Post by lmoriba »

Dear Gregory,
Sorry for the lack of clarity in the first mail. Essentially, this is what I intend to achieve: after successfully logging into the menu with the code 11001, option 1 launches the application for the compounds. Having successfully launched the application for compound, the following set of identifiers, LGA, District, Plot Number are automatically populated from the already set system parameters. You enter the values for the compound number and the name for the compound owner etc. and proceed until the questionnaire is complete, return to menu and choice option 2. When you choose Option 2, it takes you to Choose compound. In choose compound the values of identifies already entered in option 1, like lga-district-plot number-compond number: name of Compound owner should appear as follows: 1-20-P001-001: Peter Sam. This when selected will automatically launch the second application to automatically populate these same identifier variables in the second application.

Is just like the case of having an application for listing and Main application. Some or all of the Unique identifiers of the listing file is used to populate the identifiers of the main application.

Thank you, in advance.
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

One thing that you will want to do is change the capture type of SELECT_COMPOUND to be Radio Button or Drop Down. It is now a Text Box, so even though you create the value set, it isn't shown.

Additionally, in PROC SELECT_COMPOUND you're calling loadcase but then not using the data from BPROFILESWITHINCOMPOUNDS_DICT. Do you mean to to do this?

When I change the capture type and select an option, the BProfilesWithinCompounds program successfully runs. Let us know if anything doesn't work after you make the changes.