Changing "Out of Range" warning message

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
Bhupender11

Changing "Out of Range" warning message

Post by Bhupender11 »

Can anybody tell me that how could i change warning message "Out of range! Please enter a valid value for Gender" to another message.
aaronw

Re: Changing "Out of Range" warning message

Post by aaronw »

In your installation directory open "CSProRuntime.en.mgf." Search for the warning message "Out of range! Please enter a valid value for" and edit it. Rerun CSEntry, so the change takes effect.
Bhupender11

Post by Bhupender11 »

Thanks
Bhupender11

Post by Bhupender11 »

If any field is "out of range" then through coding can we change the message and move it to previous question.
How can we manage it, If anybody have the code then please share it.
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

The "out of range" check occurs before any logic is executed. If you want to do the checks yourself in logic, then you should not include a value set for the item or allow out of range values via logic, and then you can program your own checks. To allow out of range values, you can do this in logic with this: http://www.csprousers.org/help/CSPro/se ... ement.html
Bhupender11

Post by Bhupender11 »

I have attached application in which unique id is written and then village code is same as unique id.
Here if Village code matches with the unique id then its ok otherwise it shows "Out of Range" warning message and application get close.
I want here to check the valueset is same as unique id or not before closing the application.
Bhupender11

Post by Bhupender11 »

Forgot to attach application
Attachments
check.rar
Appliation
(3.74 KiB) Downloaded 258 times
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

The problem is that you are protecting the field VILLAGE_NAME. If that field fails the validation checks, then CSEntry will close. So, for example, if you enter 10 for VILLAGE_CODE, then you won't have a problem. However, if you enter 50, then CSEntry will close because your logic assigns 50 to VILLAGE_NAME, and because that is not in the value set, CSEntry will show you the error and then close. Protected fields is an advanced feature and you may want to verify if your application requires the use of such a feature.