Translation: issue with form name

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
htuser

Translation: issue with form name

Post by htuser »

Dear Cspro Developer Team,
I'm setting up an application with multiple pages (forms). And, for each form (page), i write which questions are inside. Unfortunately, it seem that multiple language doesn't run on form... Please, there's a way to solve this?

Thanks in advance,
G.VOLNY, a CSProuser from Haiti, since 2004
aaronw

Re: Translation: issue with form name

Post by aaronw »

I don't think I understand. Can you clarify your question?
sah

Post by sah »

Hello Aaron,
Permit me to guess, what htuser, want is to see multiple language on the form where the questionnaires are drawn to but not the capi section.

My suggestion is to write the logic on the form. thus using onfocus if is english then it should maketext in English else French. This approach I think is laborious. Another way I will suggest, is if he can make the english text in different font color and the French in a different color all on the same form.

Hope this will work out for him.

Best
Sah
josh

Post by josh »

Free standing text on the form does not get translated. However if you have text on the form that comes from the dictionary label it will get translated if you check "Linked to dictionary item" on the field properties. Add the translations in the dictionary and when you change language the labels on the form will be updated.
htuser

Post by htuser »

Dear all,
@Aaron, sorry for delayed my response. i had to do a small example application to explain you. Hopefully , in the meantime, Sah and Josh understand me very well. And i think that, now you're able to understand also.

The response is
Free standing text on the form does not get translated.
. Since, usually i use maketext for display bilingual message on accept by example. Also, all my label are linked to dictionary. But, it always remain Free standing text...
Since you (the Developer Team) will completely change this system: http://csprousers.org/forum/viewtopic.p ... CAPI#p7999
Please, i hope you'll allow translation for Free standing text.
Best,
htuser

Post by htuser »

Dear all,
@Aaron, sorry for delayed my response. i had to do a small example application to explain you. Hopefully , in the meantime, Sah and Josh understand me very well. And i think that, now you're able to understand also.

The response is
Free standing text on the form does not get translated.
Since, usually i use maketext for display bilingual message on accept by example. Also, all my label are linked to dictionary. But, it always remain Free standing text...
Since you (the Developer Team) will completely change this system: http://csprousers.org/forum/viewtopic.p ... CAPI#p7999
Please, i hope you'll allow translation for Free standing text.
Best,