set mising value through dictionary macros not working.

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
sukanta

set mising value through dictionary macros not working.

Post by sukanta »

I took the value set from a dictionary via dictionary macros, then copied it to excel, which contains the set of mising values, but when I returned the set value by copying it to the dictionary macros, the value of the other label set was appropriate, but the set of mising values ​​did not work well, mising value becomes a blank set value, sometimes it becomes 0.

how to create mising value set via copy and paste excel to dictionary macros, because mising value set is often encountered in my data collection.

thanks.
aaronw

Re: set mising value through dictionary macros not working.

Post by aaronw »

I think you may be pasting the value sets directly into the dictionary. Instead use the "Paste" button in the Dictionary Macros to bring the changes back to CSPro.
  • 1. In dictionary macros press "Copy All"
    2. Paste (ctrl+v) the value sets into Excel
    3. Edit labels, delete value sets, add value sets (you cannot edit value set names)
    4. Copy (ctrl+c) value sets in Excel
    5. In dictionary macros press "Paste"
sukanta

Post by sukanta »

very sure, that I do copy paste through dictionary macros. which does not work is mising value, where in the scripts dictionary as follows "MISSING, Special". while other value sets work well. try to do yourself on a value set that contains MISING value, I'm sure will find something like me.
aaronw

Post by aaronw »

I simply refer to them as "Missing" and I had no issues. I included some screenshots, so you could see my process.

Here are the original value sets in CSPro.
vs-before.GIF
vs-before.GIF (8.69 KiB) Viewed 4051 times
I copied them to excel and edited them.
vs-excel.GIF
vs-excel.GIF (5 KiB) Viewed 4051 times
Finally, I paste them back into CSPro.
vs-after.GIF
vs-after.GIF (9.75 KiB) Viewed 4051 times
sukanta

Post by sukanta »

missing is missing, which means there is no value, you do the missing which is treated as a number. respondents did not answer any available numerical options. they pass it as a blank field. the illustration above the respondent should type 2,3,4 and so on to get missing. what I mean is missing which means blank. thank you for your answer
josh

Post by josh »

In CSPro missing should not be blank. Blank in CSPro is notappl which has a specific meaning - a question was skipped or in the case of a partially completed case it was not yet reached. Missing means the question was asked but the respondent did not give an answer. Missing values should always be associated with a code so that they can be differentiated from skipped (blank) values. It is common to use codes like 9, 99, 999 for missing values.