Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
Dzidefo

Unpleasant message//CAPI Arborescence

Post by Dzidefo »

Dear Fellow Cspro Users
I have 3 questions

1) For numeric Item, is it possible to hid in the setvalueset the code of the value ?

2) My application pops up me an errsmg//accept message everytime when i go trough The Item wich proc have it. For example, i have to collect the total manpower (Item S1) , masculin manpower (Item S2) and feminin manpower (Item S3).

I have :
S3
postproc

if $ = 0 or $ = missing then
if accept("Is it feminin manpower is null ?", "Yes, It is", "No, it isn't") = 2 then
reenter;
endif;
endif;

evrytime when i go trough S3, the application logically pops up me the message of the accept function and i have all the time to choose "No, it isn't"(2) before go foward. that's become unpleasant . I try to introduce the demode() function but it was a partially solution. How can i avoid this situation in my application ?

4) I would like to know when using CAPI Application, and when using the arborescence in the left of the divice screen to navigate in the application, (go to one item to another Item), is it like using skip in the logic ? Is it possible to lost data already completed with that manipulation ?

Thanks very much,
khurshid.arshad

Re: Unpleasant message//CAPI Arborescence

Post by khurshid.arshad »

Dear;
What I have understood from your questions, please see attahced example.

Q1. Please see questions on Cover page form

Q2. Please see questions on Labour_F

Q3 q4 is not clear can you elaborate.

Best.
a.
Attachments
Test4_7.0.rar
(8.26 KiB) Downloaded 268 times
Dzidefo

Post by Dzidefo »

Dear @khurshid.arshad

I thanks you for your inerest to my worries, It's ok for question 2)I found the visualvalue function very usefull !!!

I will try to explain more my questions 1) and 3)

1) You know when you define a valueset for an item, you have to the define the code and label for the value.
For example, in i have Item about Crops, i can define like this my valuset:

Cassava 1
Maze 2
Rice 3

In the interview, when the interviewer is in the crop question, the application will display
1.Cassava
2.Maze
3.Rice

My question is this: Is it possible to hid the code 1., 2. etc. and pops up only the label like this
Cassava
Maze
Rice

????

3) For the third question, I'm talking about the case tree When using mobile device. On the device, it's call "questionnary arborescence" and you can enable or desable it from the icon (three superposed points) on top right side. My question is: When using that arborescence on the mobile to go to one item to another item forward, is it working like coding "skip" in the logic ? Can that manipulation cause data lost ?

I hope i'm little bit clear now ... Thanks
josh

Post by josh »

1) The codes are hidden by default on Android. On Windows they are always displayed. In version 7.1 it is possible to hide the codes on Android using the data entry options dialog (http://www.csprousers.org/help/CSPro/ch ... tions.html) but it is not possible to hide them on Windows.

2) In a CAPI application I usually don't use accept in the proc of a field to avoid just this problem. Instead I add a variable to the dictionary and a field on the form for the question that I would ask using accept. That way when advancing through the field the previously selected value is maintained and there is no pop-up window.

3) I believe what you are calling "arborescence" is called the Case Tree in English. Tapping on a field on the case tree is not skipping fields. It is the equivalent of calling "advance to" in CSPro logic (http://www.csprousers.org/help/CSPro/ad ... ement.html). In system controlled mode tapping on an item in the case tree will not let you move past a field that is empty or skip over any consistency checks in your logic. It will not cause data loss.
Dzidefo

Post by Dzidefo »

Thanks Josh.