Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
Dzidefo

Four (4) CAPI and LOGIC Worry

Post by Dzidefo »

Fellow Cspro User,

I wish you merry Xmas!

I have four questions

1) For numeric Item, is it possible to hid in the setvalueset the code of the value ?

2)I built a CAPI application. I use it in system control mode.I have also a "Go to" function wich goal is to make easy the interviewer navigation within the sections/records of the application. I have something like 12 modules (sections/records).
the logic of the function is:

function goto()

numeric section = accept("Go to?",
"Localisation et Identification",
"Emplois",
"Enrégistrements administratifs",
"Informations sur les Dirigeants",
if section = 1 then
//savepartial();
move to M02_FORM advance;
elseif section = 2 then
//savepartial();
move to M03_FORM advance;
elseif section = 3 then
//savepartial();
move to M04B_FORM advance;
elseif section = 4 then
endif;
end;

My problem is that because of the the system controleed mode, i can only get access to the module already completed, i mean, i can only go backward. I can get access to a module, if only that module, is already completed !!!, I can't go forward with the "goto" function if the currunt modul/section isn't totally completed!!
(I always get out of range message because of numeric Item in the current module/section)

For example, if i don't complete section/module 1, i can't get access to section 2, and then if i don't complete section 2, i can't get access to section 3, ... when using "Go to" function

You will understand that i can't go to "interview result" item wich is in the last form when i'm in the middle of the interview and i'm oblige to end it.

Is it possible to solve this provblem ?

Or, Can somebody show me alternative way (to "Go to" function i built) to make easier the navigation in the module of questionnaire during the interview ?

3) Another consequence of system controled mode is that the application pops up me an errsmg everytime when i go trough The Item wich proc have it.
For example, i have to collect the total manpower (Item S1) , masculin manpower (Item S2) and feminin manpower (Item S3).

I have :

S3
postproc

if $ = 0 or $ = missing then
if accept("Is it feminin manpower is null ?", "Yes, It is", "No, it isn't") = 2 then
reenter;
endif;
endif;

evrytime when i go trough S3, the application logically pops up me the message of the accept function and i have all the time to choose "No, it isn't"(2) before go foward. that's become unpleasant specially when i use the "go to" function !!! I would like to get this alert the first time in the interview.

I try to introduce the demode() function but il was a partially solution. How can avoid this situation in my application ?

4) I would like to know when using CAPI Application, and when using the arborescence in the rigth of the divice screen to navigate in the application, (go to one item to another Item), is it like using skip in the logic ? Is it possible to lost data already completed with that manipulation ?

God bless,
Thanks very much, :roll:
Dzidefo

Re: Four (4) CAPI and LOGIC Worry

Post by Dzidefo »

:idea:

I found the solution For the second 2) questions on the forum ,

i can use set behavior function to make easy the navigation within the application module.
Alse, i can use onkey function to get access to "Interview result" every time !!!

The 1, 3, 4 questions in my last post still remain and submit to your attention !!
juan pablo

Post by juan pablo »

Hello Dzidefo
porfa me you could share in the forum link where you found the way to go back to a module that is not complete using the system control

Thank you!!
Dzidefo

Post by Dzidefo »

Dear Juan Pablo,

I advice to search on the forum the key words "set behavior" and read as possible all post about it.
You can run the search by using the search field on the rigth top of the screen.

You can also read in the help of CSPRO the rule of "set behavior canenter " function.

To sum up, the set behavior allow to affect "notappl" for numeric item (in systeme controled)., even if you don't define "not appl" in de value in the dictionary, from one point to another point
You can narrow the scope of the function.

Notice that it works only for numeric item.

Kindly