Multiple Level Application

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
htuser

Multiple Level Application

Post by htuser »

Dear all,
I would like to design an application with multiple level. Since Cspro is limited to only 3 level, i would like to know if it's possible to:

1.- Separate the main dictionary in multiple dictionaries for multiple applications (items and records of each application will be the same as the main dictionary, but specific start number can't be set in Cspro dcf designer );
2.- Use the main dictionary (the aggregation of separate dictionary) in the menu for sync. This main dcf will be upload to Csweb;
3.- Does splitting applications (multiples) can use a single Csdb file (not at once)? It's assuming that this Csdb file will contain the main dictionary as dcf input.

Thanks in advance for response,
G.VOLNY, a CSProuser from Haiti, since 2004
josh

Re: Multiple Level Application

Post by josh »

When we have done this in the past we have kept separate dictionaries for different "levels" i.e. one dictionary for household roster, one dictionary for individuals... Each dictionary runs in a separate CSPro application all launched from a menu application using execpff. If one application needs to data from another application they open that applications dictionary as an external dictionary. For example in the individual application the household roster dictionary is opened as an external application. In the menu application we sync each dictionary separately. We only combine the different dictionaries together into a single dictionary using a batch application after data collection is complete.
htuser

Post by htuser »

Thanks Josh.
The idea of using external dcf of each level (separate application) is genius. However, i would like to know if there's no way to use a single csdb for all applications. Also, sync all application in a unique table in csweb, assuming i upload the aggregated dcf.

Best Regards,
G.VOLNY, a CSProuser from Haiti, since 2004
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

Right now the CSPro DB file can only store the contents of one dictionary, so you would have to sync each set of data to a separate repository on CSWeb.