Arabic in data files?

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
Anne

Arabic in data files?

Post by Anne »

Hi,
I need help with my data files: Most of the data are of course "normal" latin numbers, but I have one field in a roster that is arabic text - which is of course from right to left, and it looks ok in the application, but the funny thing is that in the data files, the field before the text field is moved to after the text field.

Under is a view of the dictionary (the prod_rec can repeat up to 700 times), as you see the PROD_NO is before the PROD_DESC field, and the PROD_PRICE after that. But looking at the data file (at the end of this post), there is first the ID and some other fields, then price (with the decimals), then description and lastly product number (the rest of the fields are missing in the data). Opposite of what I expect.

It seems like CSPro manage to figure out the right order: It looks ok when I process the data, but my brain feels like it's been messed with. Anybody experienced anything similar? Should I be worried about this?

Anne
Attachments
datafile.GIF
datafile.GIF (84.38 KiB) Viewed 2402 times
dictionaryview.GIF
dictionaryview.GIF (81.32 KiB) Viewed 2402 times
josh

Re: Arabic in data files?

Post by josh »

Mixing arabic and latin text can do strange things. As long as it works in CSPro I wouldn't worry about how it looks in a text editor.