Just display text without requiring answers

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
szso

Just display text without requiring answers

Post by szso »

Hi all,
I have a question that if someone could help.
How to display only text without requiring entry? I mean if I have a long instruction to give to data collector on filling the questionnaire at the beginning of each section and the instruction is quite long that it takes a whole window to display (could be entered in CAPI question but have to use scroll bar to read from beginning to the end), is it possible to display just the instruction?

I know we can enter the instruction in the CAPI question place but I want the data collector to see the instruction entirely without using the scroll bar and without having to enter an answer to continue.

Thank you
szso
josh

Re: Just display text without requiring answers

Post by josh »

We usually put such instructions in the question text and have a question with just one response in the value set - "continue". If you don't want it to scroll you could break it into multiple questions so you put two paragraphs on the first screen and another two on the second screen.

From a practical point of view if your instruction is too long to fit on the screen then most interviewers are going to skip it anyway so might want to just make it shorter.
szso

Re: Just display text without requiring answers

Post by szso »

Thanks Josh.