Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
juan pablo

problema al exportar una data de la tablet

Post by juan pablo »

Dear josh

I have the following problem:

I have my capi application and I have generated the .pff and .pen files to run them on the tablet, filled out my survey and synchronized it. Until then everything is fine but when I download the survey using the data viewer to my computer and then I export it and when checking the base some variables go blank, I check the survey on the tablet to confirm that the value has not been saved in the variable and On the tablet if I see the variable with data.
When I type a survey on the computer and export it if it shows me all the variables filled

could you help me please !!

regards

Juan pablo
josh

Re: problema al exportar una data de la tablet

Post by josh »

We recently identified a problem in CSPro where if you have duplicate cases in your data file, the data from the duplicate cases is not exported. We will have a fix for this in the next release. Please check to see if there are duplicates in your data file. If there are, please eliminate the duplicates and try exporting again.

If that is not the problem then please send the data file to cspro@lists.census.gov so we can try to reproduce the problem here. Also let us know what format you are exporting to and which data (cases/variables) are missing.
juan pablo

Post by juan pablo »

Good night, Josh.

Already check and there are no duplicates as mentioned
I just sent the data entry to the email that tells me.
Thank you
josh

Post by josh »

As discussed over email it looks like the dictionary that is in your Dropbox is different from the one currently used in the application. Try replacing the dictionary in the Dropbox with the one from your application and then download the data again.

The dictionary in the Dropbox is added the first time you synchronize so if you synchronized the first time with an earlier version of the application it would write the dictionary from that version to the Dropbox. If you then modify the dictionary and sync again it still has the old version of the dictionary in the Dropbox and when you download it tries to interpret the data with that old dictionary which in your case has shorter records so data at the end gets cut off.