Lookup [Solved]

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
Yana

Lookup [Solved]

Post by Yana »

Hey josh and cspro team
I would like to ask some what complex, what I mean I have household listing and household questionnaire. Listing is done one field and then after household questionnaire will be continued based on the listing file as look up file.
My question is how to show the listed households to select them to proceed the household questionnaire. For example if one enumerator list 50 households in listing, then his to show these 50 households display for the enumerator when they launch the main household questionnaire.
My listing I'd were
Region,Zone, wereda, kebele and eas
And one record is
Name of the Household
Number of family members
And practice of agriculture.
So wana to show households with there Id and name of the households
Thanks in advance
josh

Re: Lookup

Post by josh »

arkagwa

Post by arkagwa »

Dear Josh and Team

I am working in lookup file. i have watched the video and has given me good insight. My problem is how to prepare the lookup.dat file. Do i do data entry like in normal cspro entry app or i need to use notepad?? what are contents of the lookup folder i dont see other filse when i use "other" option to create lookup app
josh

Post by josh »

You can do data entry but most people use the Excel2CSPro tool to convert it from Excel.
arkagwa

Post by arkagwa »

Dear Josh

I am receiving this error when i am compiling my CSPro entry app "Primary School". I use a lookup file with dictionary name Tawala lookup
ERROR: Variable(s) length do not agree with dictionary ID length near line 3 in MKOA procedure
ERROR: Variable(s) length do not agree with dictionary ID length near line 3 in WILAYA procedure
ERROR: Variable(s) length do not agree with dictionary ID length near line 3 in KATA procedure
Attachments
Screenshot 2017-07-05 15.44.28.png
Screenshot 2017-07-05 15.44.28.png (64.58 KiB) Viewed 8273 times
Yana

Post by Yana »

Dear arkagwa
You have to make your Main dictionary I'd items and that Look up dictionary I'd items similar in the variables length,zero fill and other must be similar.
Best regards
arkagwa

Post by arkagwa »

OOOOppps does NOT work the way i want. see attached folder
Attachments
Primary records.zip
(18.26 KiB) Downloaded 317 times
noel

Post by noel »

Dear Arkagwa,

I made some modification in your application.

It seems that it works.
Attachments
Primary school.zip
(20.82 KiB) Downloaded 346 times
arkagwa

Post by arkagwa »

Dear Noel

Thanks very much i will look at it and give you feedback. Thanks once again for your support
arkagwa

Post by arkagwa »

Dear Noel

Thanks for your help unfortunately does not work they i supposed to do. If a select zone 1 (Central=kati in swahili) should display all regions (mikoa) in central zones which are Dodoma, Tabora, Singida etc . Your code is displaying only one region. This is a"setvalueset" problem

zones regions
1 dodoma
1 tabora
2 XXXX
2 yyyyy