Values remain blank when cleaning

Discussions about CSEntry
midoen

Values remain blank when cleaning

Post by midoen »

Hi all,

currently my field team is conducting survey on the field, we are using tablet for data collection. Usually, they collected data in the afternoon, and cleaning in the basecamp in next morning. When they were cleaning the data, some of them complaint that the value on questions are blank, although, of course they filled it when conducting interview to respondent. This occurs quite often with random enumerators, and on random question as well. What could possibly be? Is it a bug? Or?

There is another one, the values are 'yes' = 1 and 'no' = 0 (radio button), but in the case tree, the value shows 3 and on the radio button shows blank. The questionnaire is never been updated, I mean, so there is no values shifted due to length addition. Why is this happening then?

Many Thanks
josh

Re: Values remain blank when cleaning

Post by josh »

It is hard to say what is happening without seeing your application and knowing the steps that cause it to occur. It sounds like the dictionary and the data file don't match be if the application has never been updated that shouldn't happen.
midoen

Post by midoen »

thanks for replying, this following video might get you the idea

https://youtu.be/0LR6CNFpXdk

as you can see on that video, when I tap 'next' (navigation control) rapidly, on a question (variable) there's a blank values.
but, when I tap it rather slowly, that particular question is filled. why do you think it possible?

p.s. I'm on operator-controlled mode

thank you
josh

Post by josh »

I see the problem clearly from the video. Are you using version 6.3 or version 7? I think version may have a fix for this. If it still happens in version 7 can send us the app? Choose pack application and send us the zip file that it creates. If possible please include the data for case that you are modifying in the video.