junk data in skipped vars

Discussions about CSEntry
Enkhbayar

junk data in skipped vars

Post by Enkhbayar »

Hi,

Is there any special function to clean junks from the skipped variables? :) I mean, sometimes enumerators made a mistake such as when they entered data but realised that it was wrong then go back and entered correct data then skip some variables, but data in the skipped variables still remains.

I know that I can put NOTAPPL for all skipped variables before skip function, but just curious is there any other way in cspro?

Thanks,
khurshid.arshad

Re: junk data in skipped vars

Post by khurshid.arshad »

Dear Enkhbayar

Use system control and for detail information see "Operator vs. System Controlled" in CSPro help.
a.
Enkhbayar

Post by Enkhbayar »

the application is system controlled. the issue raised when enumerator goes back without deleting entered data.

example logic:

if Q1 =1 then
skip to Q3;
endif;

and assume that enumerator entered Q1=2 and Q2=999 then he/she has returned back and changed Q1 value to 1 which is skips Q2. in this case, Q2 has junk data.
khurshid.arshad

Post by khurshid.arshad »

Dear Enkhbayar

When you skip data in System control you will see that Q2 is in gray color. It means that when you finish your data entry of the current ID, it removes all the data of gray color. You don't need to write "Notappl" in System control.

a.
Enkhbayar

Post by Enkhbayar »

thanks a lot, Khurshid. It seems I need to find out where those strange data came from. hehe
Enkhbayar

Post by Enkhbayar »

I've found the reason that skip in a roster couldn't clean grey part.