Concatenate files in andriod device

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
bidhu

Concatenate files in andriod device

Post by bidhu »

Hi,

I have created a data entry program and is working fine. I have also written a module to download from dropbox to mobile device. Next, I want to merge files from different keyer into one file and generate frequency in the tablet only. The program I have written for these operations works fine in laptop, but not yielding any result in android device. I was wondering whether CSPro supports generating frequency and concatenation of files in android devices. Your quick response will be highly appreciated.
josh

Re: Concatenate files in andriod device

Post by josh »

The frequency and concatenation tools do not run on Android devices. However, you can use the function fileconcat() in CSPro logic to concatenate files on Android. It is also possible to generate frequencies yourself using CSPro logic although it requires some rather advanced programming techniques. The basic idea is to use the dictionary for the data you want to generate frequencies on as an external dictionary and then use loadcase() in a loop to load every case in the data file one by one and fill in an array of frequencies. You can see an example at: https://github.com/jhandley/cspro-D3-charts. In particular check out the function householdSizeReport().
copernix2

Post by copernix2 »

try with the fileconcat function.
bidhu

Post by bidhu »

Thank you. I will explore and come back to you if I face any problem.
bidhu

Post by bidhu »

Hi Josh,

I could concatenate the files using fileconcat function. I tried to run the D3 charts. I created the data folder within reports folder. However, when I run your program, I see only blank HTML file with title only. However, when I examine the JS file, I see that data has been generated. Can you please suggest what could be the reason?

Regards
Bidhu
bidhu

Post by bidhu »

Okay, I found that if I create the HTML file once again, then it works. Otherwise, it shows empty file. What could be the reason?
bidhu

Post by bidhu »

Hi Josh,

Sorry for bothering you again. Can you also, suggest how can I include another column with percentage?
bidhu

Post by bidhu »

Hey Josh, I have sorted out the problem now.

Will bother you again, if I face a problem. Thanks again
bhavu8150

Post by bhavu8150 »

Hi,

It was great help if anybody share the application example for how to concatenate data files(.dat files). it's urgent requirement for currently ongoing project.